- Empowering NYC underserved youth through Fashion Education.
- United Colors of Fashion (UCOF), supports students by enhancing their academic journey through a fashion lens. We offer them a series of strategic seminars that introduce them to the opportunities in fashion while stressing the importance of written and oral communication, Mathematics skills and the value of collaboration.
- UCOF develops a mentor relationship with each student accepted into the program.
- We develop the leadership skills of each student by building confidence and ability.
- We stress the importance of academics and offer students opportunities to celebrate achievements and share accomplishments at the UCOF Showcase.
- Our instructors are all College graduates, adjunct professors and are currently employed or have been employed in the fashion industry: they offer information, personal experience and share professional networks in an academic setting.
- The seminars are structured, but we stress and encourage student participation through class discussions and oral and written presentations, as we believe students unlock their potential and passion through active engagement.
- Although we use a classroom for instruction, we take advantage of our NYC location and plan field trips and host guest speakers to foster a sense of community and encourage learning outside of the classroom.
- We are founded on diversity and welcome all students to the program keeping a global awareness in all we do.